Fixed-term contract for 12 months (Maternity Cover)/Part-Time (55%-65%)
The Project Officer will report to the Inclusive Development Director
The role is primarily focused on supporting the CMH and CBID thematic teams. The position works as part of a team alongside a Finance/ Project Administration Officer.
Based: Local contracts can be offered to those having the right to work and residency in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bolivia, Philippines, and Lao PDR.
Hours: Part-time, 55% – 65% of a Full- Time role.
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location. We offer a local contract
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Writing, analysis, and organization of project documentation
2. Developing project indicators across CMH and CBID
3. Co-ordinate thematic focal points network and quarterly meetings and learning opportunities
4. Supporting implementation and maintenance of our project management system, Global Online and Global contracts
5. Coordinating and completing all financial and administrative aspects of the thematic team’s work, developing TORs and contracts that are aligned with CBM Global processes
6. Supporting individual/teams in organizing meetings (mainly online), and workshops (online) ensuring their accessibility, and including budgetary aspects and administration e.g., processing claims, payment of advances, etc.
7. Coordinating partner reports.
8. Supporting thematic directors in business development, developing strategic documents around OPD engagement and foundations for inclusion, and proposals for funding.
9. Budget monitoring for CBID and CMH team expenditure.
Understands the incident management framework and their first responder role in recording, responding, and reporting incidents. Understands the survivor-centered approach and how to apply it when receiving a complaint or responding to an incident. Knows local support services available in the community or region, and how to engage them.
Able to listen and accurately document reported concerns and complaints. Able to respect the confidentiality of safeguarding allegations. Able to appropriately apply the survivor-centred approach.
Treats the survivor and others involved in an incident with dignity and respect.
Be assertive in implementing the initial incident response protocols by gaining the trust and cooperation of the parties involved.
Key outcomes expected from this role
1. Project documentation: Templates, Process Guides, etc. are accessible, organized, and up to date.
2. Regular monitoring reports are available for senior management on how the team’s resources (including human resources) are being utilized.
3. Meetings and workshops are organized.
4. Global grants are managed smoothly, with paperwork and Global Online up to date.
All of the following requirements are essential unless marked with a * when they are desirable.
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
· Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at the Project Officer level.
· Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development.
· Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring, and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
· Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders *
· Experience in working with other organizations and donors *
· Skilled in sustaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders, internal and external.
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, a high level of autonomy, and entrepreneurial.
· Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude
· Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
· Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage*
· Passionate about effecting change for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
· Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
· Relevant experience and qualifications in project management and administration
· Experience in managing contracts,
· Good management skills with experience in implementing projects and managing budgets of large institutionally funded programmes.
· English professional proficiency; French an advantage
· We offer flexibility and working-from-home arrangements.
· As part of our commitment to inclusion, CBM Global aims to encourage applications from people with disabilities and those with health conditions. We have a comprehensive equality and diversity policy.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Shortlisting and Interviews
CBM Global is an equal opportunities employer, committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an online interview. You will also be advised at this point if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process.
Diversity Policy Statement
Everyone has the right to be treated with consideration and respect. CBM Global is committed to achieving a truly inclusive environment for all, by developing better working relationships that release the full potential, creativity, and productivity of each individual. CBM Global aims to ensure that all staff, volunteers, donors, partners, contractors, and the general public are treated fairly. This will be regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, race (including color, nationality, ethnicity, or national origin), disability, medical status, age, religion or belief, political opinion, social or economic status, or ex-offender status.
CBM Global is committed to the safety and best interest of all children and vulnerable adults accessing CBM Global-supported services and programmes. Relevant background checks including working with children, police, and reference checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.
All applicants must have the right to work in the relevant country. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility and satisfactory employment screening, and three references satisfactory to CBM Global.
How to apply
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
More information about CBM Global Disability Inclusion can be found by visiting the CBM Global website: www.cbm-global.org
Closing date: Friday, 29th of September 2023
Use this link: http://cbmglobal.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=63c6c39c-db58-4726-9245-b0465282432a to apply
Prepare your CV in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
Download and complete the Application Form in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
No email applications will be considered. If you have any problems with the system, please redirect them to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following format: Family Name First Name: Project Officer, COUNTRY.
We also welcome informal inquiries, which should also be sent to the above email address.