Project Officer, Person-Centred NTD Care project
Fixed-term contract for 12 months/Full-Time
Country Programme Manager
The Project Officer, Person-Centred NTD Care project is responsible for implementing the Anesvad Foundation-supported project in line with CBM Global and the donor policies. CBM Global, with funding support from Anesvad Foundation, is leading a consortium to implement an 18-month pilot intervention to develop a model of integration of mental health care into the national NTD programme and civil society work. This will be guided by the WHO Framework for Essential Care Packages for Stigma and Mental Health for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ECP) and the Nigeria NTD Master Plan (2023-2027). The Person-Centred NTD Care is aimed at supporting government and civil society actors to develop and pilot test a comprehensive intervention for integration of MH and NTDs based on global and national frameworks towards contributing to improved mental health and wellbeing of women, men, girls, and boys living with NTDs in Nigeria and the West Africa region.
As a member of the Country Programme Team, success in this role requires close collaboration with Country Team staff, consortium partners, in-country stakeholders, Thematic Teams, and Member Teams of CBM Global to ensure effective delivery of the Person-Centred NTD Care project in the intervention sites. S/he will support partners to effectively deliver on the project objectives and result areas, in line with CBM Global’s Programme Quality Framework and the development and maintenance of effective and authentic partnerships in line with our Approach to Partnership.
Based: We welcome applications from those with the right to work in Abuja, Nigeria.
Hours: 12-month contract with the possibility of extension. Full-time.
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience. We offer a local contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Develop and maintain excellent working relations with CBM Global staff and programme stakeholders including partner organizations, Organisations of People with Disabilities (OPDs), and government agencies at the National and State levels.
2. Support the development and maintenance of authentic partnerships with implementing partners, adopting an approach to partnership that aligns with and supports CBM Global’s partnership principles.
3. Undertake partner assessment action plan monitoring as required, following CBM Global’s partner assessment procedures.
4. Working with partners, Thematic Teams, and Member Teams, support the development and design of new projects and programmes through the identification of new project opportunities, and through the development of these opportunities in line with the Project Development and Approval procedures. Follow an approach that embraces CBM Global’s operating model; Programme Quality Framework; and partnership with the networks of persons affected and at risk of NTDs (including people with disabilities).
5. Ensure multi-stakeholder engagement including people affected and at risk of NTDs in the project cycle in line with CBM Global commitment to authentic partnerships.
6. Support the identification of funding opportunities for CBM Global’s work and actively participate in fundraising efforts as guided by the Country Programme Manager.
7. As directed by the Programme Manager, work with and support consortium partners to ensure effective and timely delivery of project activities, in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans, and budgets.
8. Foster a culture, among consortium partners for effective, sustainable, and inclusive project implementation through proper induction to Anesvad Foundation and CBM Global processes and expectations, timely communication, troubleshooting, and effective management of challenges during the partnership, with support from the Country Programme Manager for quality and accountability as per CBM Global programme Quality Framework.
9. Support and sustain a high-quality and timely documentation culture by consortium partners including implementation data, field stories and photographs, statistics, and project narrative and financial reports.
10. Lead in partner capacity gap identification through effective monitoring, evaluation, and learning processes, and enhance access to requisite training to strengthen the partner’s capacity to implement successful projects.
11. Ensure partners understand and are able to adhere to key policies and procedures of CBM Global, as detailed in project contracts and CBM Global’s ‘approach to partnership’.
12. Effectively represent CBM Global in-country and elsewhere on collaborative platforms as requested by the Country Programme Manager or Country Director and enhance the CBM Global Brand.
13. Advocate, champion, and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of persons affected and at risk of NTDs in their communities and in all aspects of society.
14. Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with CBM Global’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible. Comply with all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding policy and associated standards and procedures. These policies and related procedures will be made available to the successful candidate.
15. Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Country Programme manager.
16. Facilitate the exchange of learning within CBM Global Nigeria and indirectly with relevant partners and stakeholders including through planning and delivery of training and mentoring.
17. Ensure high-quality and timely narrative and financial reports are submitted to Anesvad Foundation in line with their requirements.
Understands the incident management framework and their first responder role in recording, responding, and reporting incidents.
Understands the survivor-centered approach and how to apply it when receiving a complaint or responding to an incident. Knows local support services available in the community or region, and how to engage them.
Able to listen and accurately document reported concerns and complaints. Able to respect the confidentiality of safeguarding allegations. Able to appropriately apply the survivor-centred approach.
Treats the survivor and others involved in an incident with dignity and respect.
Be assertive in implementing the initial incident response protocols by gaining the trust and cooperation of the parties involved.
Key outcomes expected from this role
1. Working on agreed strategic objectives and plans.
2. PCentred-NTD Care pilot project delivered through authentic partnerships to an exemplary standard, achieving agreed outcomes and impact.
3. A high-performing implementation team of partners and stakeholders with a culture that reflects CBM Global’s values and programme quality.
4. Authentic and effective partnerships, developed and maintained in line with CBM Global’s approach to partnership.
5. Partners’ compliance with CBM Global procedures and standards relating to project identification, design, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and learning.
6. CBM Global and its work with partners is recognized as a driving force for promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
· Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 4 years at the Project Officer level.
· Demonstrable experience in managing institutional donor projects.
· Experience and a track record in supporting mental health and neglected tropical diseases projects within inclusive development and/or humanitarian settings in collaboration with partners.
· Experience managing consortium projects is an added advantage.
· Experience in financial management for NGOs is preferable.
· Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development.
· Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring, and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
· Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships, particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders.
· Experience in working with state and national government as well as other organizations and donors.
· Demonstrated experience with safeguarding and feedback mechanisms and working with vulnerable groups through participatory approaches.
· Experience working on disability-inclusive programming in Nigeria and LMIC.
· Strong skills in advocacy, communications, research, and sustaining collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders, internal and external.
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, a high level of autonomy, and entrepreneurial.
· Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude
· Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
· Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues as an advantage
· Passionate about effecting change at the national level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
· Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
· English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).
• Relevant university degree in sciences, social sciences, project management, international development or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Relevant additional training in the above topics is also valued.
· We offer flexibility and working-from-home arrangements.
· As part of our commitment to inclusion, CBM Global aims to encourage applications from people with disabilities and those with health conditions. We have a comprehensive equality and diversity policy.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Shortlisting and Interviews
CBM Global is an equal opportunities employer, committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an online interview. You will also be advised at this point if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process.
Diversity Policy Statement
Everyone has the right to be treated with consideration and respect. CBM Global is committed to achieving a truly inclusive environment for all, by developing better working relationships that release the full potential, creativity, and productivity of each individual. CBM Global aims to ensure that all staff, volunteers, donors, partners, contractors, and the general public are treated fairly. This will be regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, race (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, or national origin), disability, medical status, age, religion or belief, political opinion, social or economic status, or ex-offender status.
CBM Global is committed to the safety and best interest of all children and vulnerable adults accessing CBM Global-supported services and programmes. Relevant background checks including working with children, police and reference checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.
All applicants must have the right to work in the relevant country. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility and satisfactory employment screening, and three references satisfactory to CBM Global.
How to apply
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
More information about CBM Global Disability Inclusion can be found by visiting the CBM Global website: www.cbm-global.org
Closing date: Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Use this link: http://cbmglobal.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=2f3fc11b-81b2-45bb-aa54-31a9946efe65 to apply
Prepare your CV in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
Download and complete the Application Form in English please, as you will need to upload it into our ATS system.
No email applications will be considered. If you have any problems with the system, please redirect them to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following format: Family Name First Name: Project Officer Anesvad, Nigeria.
We also welcome informal inquiries, which should also be sent to the above email address.