Recently, CBM Australia looked at evaluations of our Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) work over the last five years.
This document highlights key learnings about livelihoods support, including:
- One size does not fit all.
- A tendency to work with people with less challenging impairments.
- People with disabilities are still on the side-lines.
- There was missed opportunity to show change.
- Good practice in linking with employers to learn on the job.
- Assistive devices and livelihoods are something to track.
These findings will help inform and improve project planning and monitoring and evaluation.